Saturday, February 15, 2014

Substitute Valentines Day

Saturday the 8th I slept in late.  If I wasn't going to feel well I was going to stay in bed.  My bed and I have become very good friends.  SURPRISE--my sweet Kelly brought breakfast in bed to me.  I honestly don't remember the last time I was treated to breakfast in bed, but I'm sure it was when the kids were little.  Scrambled eggs, toast and orange juice and lucky me, he joined me!!!

He had invited me to have an early Valentines Dinner this day, knowing that my next chemo was the day before Valentines Day.  I had been looking forward to the day all week and praying that I would start to feel better.

It would be an early dinner around 3:00 to beat the rush.  We drove into the Chili's parking lot and when I entered the restaraunt there stood our son TJ and his sweet family.  I threw myself into his arms and starting sobbing.  What a special treat to have Valentines with family.  Kelly said, "You haven't seen any of the kids since Christmas and I thought you needed a grandkid fix."   All had been invited, but given varying circumstances, TJ's family was the only one able to come. After lunch was ordered, Nicole presented me with a big red tub labeled "Nicole's Gift of Love".  Enclosed was a beautiful porcelan doll made by Nicole and Stephanie.  After having her hair cut, they had searched for someone to make a wig for me from her hair.  Finding it too costly it was determined that a doll using her hair and some of Jessica's hair would be created.  My heart is too full to express the love I feel for each of my children and this certainly was a tremendous way to lift my spirits after a long couple of months.










After having a wonderful lunch with Kelly, TJ, Stephanie, Nicole, Shaelynn, Casey, Taylor and Joslyn, the Harman's made their way home, beating the rain and ice on the roads to Pocatello.  KelliJo arrived out home about 5:00 that evening.  I was blessed to have her come and spend the week with me while Kelly went to Memphis for training.  My life is blessed with wonderful, caring family.



1 comment:

  1. What sweet wonderful surprise... No one deserves it more. I hope your Valentines celebration reminds you how much you are loved. You have incredible children and grandchildren who love you, and they know you are something pretty special. I am so happy the Kelly takes good care of you too.... <3

    ReplyDelete