Friday, January 31, 2014

Temple Blessings

This week has been amazingly better.  I was able to walk with Kelly last Thursday for 15 minutes.  A 15 minute walk feels like an hour and half hard work out, but worth it.  The nausea had subsided and my energy level was beginning to increase.  By Saturday I was able to clean house, rest and spend a nice evening with Kelly returning dishes.  Sunday, gratefully, I was able to attend all three of my church meetings and taught my Sunday School class.  Sara Mallet has been called as my team teacher and she is AMAZING.  I am going to learn sooooo much from her as I observe her interaction with our youth and the way she draws them out.  I am blessed to have her teach with her.  The week to follow has been great.  I have felt well and have not needed naps in the afternoon.  I've been able to make our own meals and pick our home in the evening.  Kelly is so good to clean up the dishes when our dinner is over.  He has been so supportive.  I am truly bless to call him husband.  I've still had a lingering cough from the flu, but thankfully, it has been clearing up each day.  Physically I feel so much stronger.  I am very, very grateful for these up and better days, giving me the opportunity feel feel stronger physically and more positive and upbeat emotionally, prepared for the next treatment .

Tuesday I was able to attend the temple and was delighted to witness the second new film that has been introduced.  I was mesmerized!  All eight actors show incredible emotion.  I was amazed so much by the first new film of several months ago and the deeply learning I was experiencing.  This one is even more so.  It's intriguing how acting and very good actors in all parts can deepen understanding.  I wished I could share more, but it's something that needs to experienced.  I can just say that I came out touched to my core and with greater understanding of the Plan of Exaltation and with a deeper appreciation of Father Adam and Mother EVE.

The Lord is teaching me every day.  He allows amazing people to come in and touch my life.  I am taught weekly by those around me and I pray that I will continue to learn.  I am learning from each of my children.  They remind me often that they are all praying for me daily and that brings strength. 
Last week I sent a text just informing each of our children that birthday money was going to drop this year due to medical expenses.  I received a text from all telling me that it would be okay.  I received a text from Stephanie, or so I thought, that said "It's okay, you getting better is present enough."  This touched me deeply and I later learned that the text was sent by Nicole not Stephanie.  Now more deeply touched.  This experience is touching each family member's life and hopefully will draw us all closer together in an eternal manner. I feel a big family party or trip coming in the Summer.

I want to testify that I know the Savior lives. That he is the very details of our lives.  He changes them and touches them in very small ways and in very big ways.  I feel his influence in mine daily.  I love him as my big brother and especially as my Savior and Redeemer.  I would be ungrateful to not express his influence in our lives always.


No comments:

Post a Comment