Thursday, January 9, 2014

Family Christmas


We met once again at Kelli and Doug's home. We ate dinner of ham and cheese sandwiches, salads, pork n beans, and chips. Christmas is really about spending time together and visiting. We opened gifts and all were accepted. We played a few games, but mostly visited. Some of our missionaries gave me bags of bracelets and so I let each of the girls choose one they would like.  Photo's follow. 
Stephanie, Josalyn, Nichole and Shaelynn

Bambi and Jessica
 My Bracelet

Kelli Jo and Raistlyn

The exciting gift is yet to come.  Our children are putting together a heritage photo album that is heartwarming, full of love and laughter.  We have amazing children and grandchildren and I am always amazed at their creativity.  It was a wonderful relaxing weekend. Kelly and I were able to spend the time with Bob and Joyce Hynek, catch up briefly with some old friends and drive to Idaho Falls and spend some time with Grandpa Hynek. At 100, we just never know how much longer we will be able to spend with him.  His keen memory is amazing and the story he shares are from years ago.  It was just a wonderful weekend all together.
 
ME AND MY GIRLS---SORRY WE'RE MISSING STEPHANIE



The following is a post from Bambi on Facebook and it really touched me.
BAMBI HARMAN:  What an amazing weekend with my family! I am in awe of the display of tenderness I watched from the men in my immediate family this weekend. I have watched my father become the man my mother always knew he could be over the course of the last twenty years (yes it's taken THAT long). This weekend I took note of the way he held her hand, the way he looked at her like she was the most precious thing in the world to him, and I felt more love for him in those moments than I recall ever having in my entire life. Then last night as we were opening gifts as a family my dad sat on the couch next to my beautiful sister in law and I over heard him ask her "is that son of mine treating you right?" She answered that yes he was. Tonight I watched my brother hold his wife on the couch as we watched a movie together. When the movie was over he picked his tiny little bride up and carried her up the stairs to bed, her arms wrapped around his neck, and I thought "yes, after five kids and almost fifteen years together, he certainly is still treating her right".

No comments:

Post a Comment