Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Children's acts of service--January 19-20th

I've been so impressed by the sweet acts of service rendered by the children around me.  Both of my Grand daughters cut their hair in honor of Grandma.  My Grandson's have shaved their heads in honor of Grandma and I am completely touched by their support and love.

We've witnessed as parents have brought dinner to our home and included their children in the bringing.  What a beautiful way to teach children Christlike service.  Saturday evening the Jonathan Holmes family showed up at our door step with a small bouquet of flowers, cookies and a card that was signed by all and a sweet picture drawn by James.

On Saturday Emily Winmill went shopping for materials to create hats for me.  When Caison, her son asked what they were doing, Emily explained that I no longer had hair due to the Chemo.  On Sunday sweet little Caison came running all the way across the Chapel to give me a hug and to say, "I just want you to know that you are beautiful."  Oh the words of a 5 year old.

Sunday evening we were invited to a birthday party for Tyler Eborn's son, Christian.  He turns 12 and is looking forward to receiving the priesthood.  While there, Kaitlyn, Jen's daughter said she had made me a gift.   A little purple bracelet and a poster defining who she thinks I am.  Very thoughtful and sweet.
 

I had let Emily know that I would be gone for a couple of hours on Monday, however, I left and returned earlier than anticipated and caught the young culprits in the act of defacing our driveway.  Caison wanted to be helpful and recruited the Zito children in the escapade.  An escapade that will be remembered for, once again, sweet acts of service.  It was fun to stand outside and watch them help each other and play hopscotch together.  I'm sure they have not idea how much they brightened my day.



According to Caison, this is me.  My bald head is very large!!!and my eyes stand out well, don't you think?









These valiant ones that are coming into the world now, I know, are truly saved for these days to battle the adversary.  They are strong, focused and love to serve.  I'm just grateful that I and Kelly have been the recipients of their valiance!!!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment