Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Catching Up

Friday, the 15th Terry and Elaine George invited us to dinner.  They picked us up at 6:00 and after paying an emergency visit to the dentist for Kelly we ventured to a Brazilian Grill.  It was a restaurant recommended by the George's daughter.  As we drove into the parking lot, Kelly in his warped sense of humor said: "Hey this is the appropriate place to have dinner before Tammy's mastectomy---The Braza Grill. Funny.  You gotta love him.  It was delicious food and such a delightful evening of conversation with some very dear friends.
Saturday the 16th found us very busy cleaning house, catching up laundry and shopping in preparation for the coming week.  Dinner was spent at one our favorite restaurants, The Mandarin.  Another evening of good food and sweet conversation with our friends, Jen and Tyler Eborn.  Good friends spent time with us to keep our minds occupied.  We are blessed with soooo many good people in our life.

I haven't really blogged since just after surgery, so I need to catch up.  It seems like I've done a lot on nothing the past couple of weeks, which is okay.  I get up in the morning and depending on my physical and emotional feeling, get dressed--or not. Since I had missed getting my homework done the week of surgery I spent last week catching up.  I really enjoy learning and have felt it a real blessing to be able to go back to school, but during the past two weeks, I have had to give myself pep talks to do the work.  The Book of Mormon class has given me focus on faith during a time it has really been needed.

We have had many phone calls of concern and love.  We literally did not have to make dinner for two weeks straight.  On Sunday evening the Relief Society Presidency from the Pleasant Green Spanish branch stopped to visit.  Our Stake Relief Society President was visiting at the same time.  These beautiful Spanish sisters wanted to share a message with me and they sang "Count Your Blessings" in Spanish.  What a sweet message.  When asked if there was something they could do for me, I responded by telling them that we were well taken care of and were good.  Sister Maria Canales said; "Sister, please let us serve you."   Okay, so how can you refuse such a sweet offer.  We were treated to Mexican dishes for the next three nights. YUM!
Fruit Bouquet from Georges

Flowers and plants were sent to brighten our home.  Elaine George decided that she wanted us to have something yummy to eat and sent a fruit bouquet.  It was delicious and delightful. 


AGC Roses and Rose plant from Jeanene Olsen


Storehouse & Garner Plant
Putt Bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment