Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fasting and Prayers for Healing

In Mosiah 27, Alma the younger is struck paralyzed.  His father gathered a multitude and the priests  fasted and prayed for the healing of Alma.  He was healed by their faith.
Today I had the rare opportunity to have our ward fast and pray for Kelly and I.   We have felt completely sustained by the prayers that have been offered in our behalf by ALL who have done so. 
Many, many times we have offered to remember others in our prayers and have done so.  It's quite different to be the recipient and I have gained a greater appreciation of fasting and prayers for others. 
I believe in the power of faithful prayers for healing.  I have witnessed these experiences in my family through the years.  I also understand that the Lord is in charge and I have faith that the Lord's will will I be done.  I have been completely at peace these past two weeks since making the decsion for a Mastectomy and have actually been very surprised at how peaceful I have felt.  I know that it is not only because my, Kelly's and our family's prayers of faith, but because of the prayers of those we love and who love us.  It's also humbling to know that so many have had our names added to the prayer rolls in many different temples.  An added of strength when so many prayers are said in our behalf each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment