Friday, November 15, 2013

Night time is the Worst

At times during the past several weeks, I have just felt like crying and not for any particular reason.  After a wonderful Sabbath I retired to bed only to be completely awake and alert with my mind going in all directions.   This seems to happen a lot at night.  As I knelt by my bed, I wept and they were cleansing tears.  Friends and family have been a great source of strength to Kelly and I both as sincere love has been expressed and many prayers have been given in our behalf.  We sincerely have felt the hand of the Lord in our lives and he has made known to me that he is aware of our needs.  He sustains me each day and strengthens my faith.

I have to admit that this week seems to be dragging on as I contemplate surgery on Monday.  Life is so wrapped in preparing for a Mastectomy that it's easy to forget that this is Cancer.  It all just seems so surreal.

Kelly called me to tell me about the Walton Boys.  This family is a family of concrete men and Kelly's customers.   Kelly and I walked down the hill after a U of U Football game with Chris Walton and his son a couple of weeks ago.  It was then that he told us that he was a certified trainer for a cross fit gym in Bountiful.  Kelly saw Chris on Tuesday and he shared that Mark, another brother, was a participant in the crossfit gyms "Barbells for Boobs" for breast cancer awareness.  Mark was aware of my cancer and he competed with my name written on his arm and his team did also.  The money they collected from the donations were given to the American Cancer Society in my name.  WOW!  Kelly and I were both brought to tears because of their kindness.  I am just sooooo amazed at the kindness and love. 

Today is a day that is very emotional.  Prayers at our devotional were offered in my behalf that brought me to tears.  It's humbling to know that so many are remembering me in their prayers and adding my name to the temple prayer rolls.  I've received well wishes from two of my previous Storehouse Managers.   Once again I'm humbled.  I know I keep writing about how people are aware of our circumstances and the feelings that I have, but I just can't express my gratitude enough for the angels that the Lord has placed in our lives.  I hope I live my life worthy of all of you special angels.


1 comment:

  1. Tamy (&Kelly)
    My thoughts and prayers are with you as you seek treatment and begin recovery. I know that all will go well. I am greatful for the great friends you are to my parents and I am especially reminicent of all the great times our families have shared. Much love and support. Iook forward to hearing updates and supporting your journey to recovery. Much love~LeNee Curtis

    ReplyDelete