Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Post Chemotherapy Party





I am really far behind and decided it's time to catch up on a few experiences.  My last chemotherapy treatment was April 10, 2014.  My sweet husband decided that I needed a surprise party to celebrate.  He recruited Dawn Killpack and Jen Eborn to help plan..  I understand it was quite a chore to keep it from me especially since they were trying to invite the whole stake.  One day Jen was going to announce the party on Facebook and Kelly changed our password to prevent me from getting on.  I changed it as soon as I found that I couldn't access our account and now they both are sure that I'm on Facebook constantly.  LOL.  (Not true).  I can't help but chuckle about their foiled efforts.  Dawn wanted to announce the party in our Relief Society, but I decided I was feeling well enough that I stayed to attend and foiled her attempt as well.  It's a miracle they pulled it off without me having one clue that it was happening.  I was completely surprised.   We finished chemo and then stopped for dinner at Del Taco.  We arrived home and Kelly reminded me there was a dinner for the Spanish Branch we had been invited to attend.  I think I was too tired to put two and two together.  Dinner at Del Taco and now dinner with the Spanish Branch, but it was such a special  treat to walk in the door and see the Pink balloons and that dinner was really a surprise party.  There were so many who came to share their thoughts and love.   As I reflect on the past few years I KNOW that we were led to Magna and we were meant to live in this wonderful stake.   My life has been so blessed by the members of the Magna Stake as they have shared their love and humility so freely.




Each of our children were asked to send messages and so they and all of their children wrote messages on pink hands and I was presented them at the party.  As our friends joined us at the stake center, they were given a pink circle to share a message that I could read.  I know these will take up a lot of room, but I wanted to include them in my blog.  They lifted and strengthened as I moved through the recovery process.





































No comments:

Post a Comment